Yes, friends, you’ve guessed that I have a soft spot for the game of Chess, though I do not play it very well, or at all, really. I have issues with strategic planning involving war-like games, but that by no means diminishes the tomfoolery and malarkey one can enjoy with happy japes about the various representations of pieces and their predilections. Jeez, that was exhausting, I’m off to play a round of draughts/checkers with the nearest nerdy Martian.
Currently, my dear friends, and others, I communicate with you from this year’s movable convention (and tuna smorgasbord) of fellow Last Cats:
- Last Cat On Mercury (very sweaty, and living on a transiting show-off and shrinking domicile, too, but more to the point, how do cats perspire? Let’s pause a moment and answer with: paws – who knew? Well, me, naturally, teehee),
- Last Cat On Venus (always trying a new dating app – sigh – and you should see the litter left by the last tenants),
- Last Cat On Earth (so many Lasts, so little time as the waters lap closer),
- Me of course (enough said),
- Last Cat On Jupiter (composer of those so-called ‘ghostly sounds’ – hahaha),
- Last Cat On Saturn (who actually lives on Titan, Saturn’s moon, in the Dunes of Shangri-La: ‘biggest litterbox in the universe,’ so Dr On Saturn tells me),
- Last Cat On Uranus (a somewhat mysterious member of our troupe, but very happy to live on a rainbow-y planet even if it overcompensates somewhat with those 15 moons – 15, jeez),
- Last Cat On Neptune (and it’s just as well Dr On Neptune is a Russian Blue, if this image from Voyager 2 is anything to go by), and last but never least,
- Last Cat On Pluto (not a dwarf planet, never ever a dwarf planet, but a proud and bewildering solar system perennial: brought to you by Puffer-Upperers of Piddly Planets Way Out There Somewhere, of which Dr On Pluto is Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and Committee Members, okay? Okay.).
Take a breath, sisters, brothers, and others.
So, as I tuck into my lovely and luscious outer space tuna delicacies, please enjoy a snapshot from my dear little pals, Rita and Frank. Bon voyage!